• Three to six months of artistic, editorial, and technical support
• Honorarium of up to $300 as well as material costs
• Opportunity to present the project to an audience in the form of a reading, workshop, or discussion
• Opportunity for inclusion in our annual print publication, Invalid Format: An Anthology of Triple Canopy, as well as our ongoing broadsheet series
• Archiving and long-term maintenance of the final project by technical staff
Triple Canopy welcomes artist projects that treat the Internet as a medium and seek to develop ideas that engage with—but reach beyond—its specific qualities and attendant modes of readership and viewership; artful reporting, intelligible philosophizing, distinctive fictionalizing and the like. Because of Triple Canopy's unique interface we encourage writers not to be bound by the standard styles of magazine, art, and academic writing.
Applicants will be notified by March 1 whether their proposals have reached the second round of review. Commission recipients will be announced on April 3. Projects will be developed in collaboration with Triple Canopy for publication in the online magazine (or live presentation in New York) between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013.